FSKA NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
DATE : SATURDAY, 2nd JUNE 2012
TIME : OFFICIALS - 07:30
VENUE : Gymnasium, German School Pretoria
http://maps.google.co.za/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=deutsche+schule+pretoria&fb=1&gl=za&hq=deutsche+schule+pretoria &hnear=deutsche+schule+pretoria&view=map&cid=7842852985610076982&iwloc=A&ved= 0CBcQpQY&sa=X&ei=9UfhTJSiLpauywSiy_j4Ag
ENTRY FEE : R 190-00 (INCLUSIVE OF ALL EVENTS)
Click to download entry from
SPECTATORS : FREE
DIVISIONS: Ages as on Friday, 1st June 2012
KATA AND KUMITE (Directly after the other on the same floor)
BELT GROUPS- White / Red stripe / Yellow / Orange /Green / Blue Purple / Red / Brown / Black
AGE GROUPS - 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 / 14 / 15 / 16 & 17 / 18 – 19 / 20 + / Open Kumite (16 +)
WEIGHT - None
PLEASE NOTE IF THESE DIVISIONS DO NOT KNOW THEIR KATA THE FOLLOWING WILL BE APPLIED:
CHILDREN : 4, 5, 6, & 7 YEARS
White , red stripe and yellow 1/ yellow only
Nomination by referee of the following: ( stepping forward / backwards X 3 repetitions)
Oi-Zuki, Age-uke, Ude-uke, Gedan-barai & Mygeri
If necessary, boys and girls combined. Men and women combined.
BELT GROUPS: White to Black
AGE GROUPS : 6 –10 / 12-15 / 16 – 18 / 19 +
Teams are judged by points.
RULES FOR DIVISIONS:
- Point System
- Please take note that if a lower grade nominates a higher Kata, he / she will be judged in accordance with the technicality and performance of such Kata
- Unison and individual kata will be one round unless there is a tie.
1. Fighting time will be as follows:
Ages 6- 11 years: 60 seconds
Ages 12 – 17 years: 90 seconds
18 and above years: 120 seconds
2. Coaching is only allowed from the coaching chair.
3. Mittens, (Any type will be allowed) and Mouth Guards are compulsory.
Groin protection is compulsory for all male competitors.
Should a participant participate without a mouth guard and without the knowledge of the referee, he / she will do so at own risk.
4. Instructors are requested to explain all risks to their students.
NO CONTACT will be allowed in the face for ages 6 – 15 years.
- Controlled contact will be allowed for ages over 15 years.
- Controlled contact to the head and body (e.g. mawashi) will be allowed for all ages.
- Referees will be requested to take proper distanced punches and kicks into consideration.
5. Children - 4 (four) points – Shobu Nihon scoring.
Adults - 6 (six) points – Shobu Sanbon scoring.
6. Strict warning and / or disqualification for excessive contact.
7. Contestants participate at their own risk.
- These divisions will be first on the schedule and contestants are requested to be ready from 08:45.
- Genders may be mixed for Unison Kata and one contestant may be from a younger age group.
- 3. A contestant may only participate in one Unison Group.
The Tournament Director reserves the right to amend divisions as may deem necessary.
Right of entry and admission is reserved.
All Clubs are to submit names of Coaches, Managers and Table Officials on the entry forms. Only Coaches , Referees, Managers, Medical Personnel, Table Officials and VIP Guests will be permitted in the competition arena.
Dress code for all Referees: ( Gi Pants, Scorpion Karate T-shirt & Track jacket).
Dress code for all Table officials: ( Blue Jeans/Gi pants, Scorpion Karate T-shirt & Track jacket ).
Participant numbers will be given to managers on the morning of the Tournament at 07:30. Participant numbers will only be issued upon proof of payment.
Instructors are to ensure that all entry fees are paid before the cut off date.
Late registration at the Tournament – R 250.00 per participant.
Gum Guards (Mouth Guards) are compulsory for all competitors.
Cut off date for entries is WEDNESDAY, 30TH MAY 2012 @ 12:00
Please be advised that the Tournament Organizers do not accept any liability for injuries sustained by participants during the tournament, any loss of valuables, any vehicle theft and / or damage to vehicle.
Medical assistance will be available.
Participation medals will be issued to all competitors.
Specific medals awarded to first (1st), second (2nd) and third (3rd) places only.
- A DIVISION SCHEDULE AND NAME LIST WILL BE CIRCULATED ON/BEFORE THURSDAY 31ST MAY. ALL DIVISIONS SHOULD COMPLY WITH COMPETITION TIME ALLOCATION.
- WHITE TO GREEN BELTS (ALL AGES) - 08:45 TO 11:45
- BLUE TO RED BELTS - 11:45 TO 13:30
- BROWN & BLACK BELTS - 14:00 TO 16:00
PAYMENT METHOD :
- No cash deposits
- Cheque : made out to KARDIO WARRIOR INTERNATIONAL.
- Electronic Transfer
Account Name : Kardio Warrior International
Bank : First National Bank
Type : Business Cheque Account
Branch : Church Square
Code : 251445
Account Number : 62048219986
Reference : Club name – multiple entries
Individual enteries - student name
! PLEASE USE THE ELECTRONIC ENTRY FORM !
Click to download entry from
ENTRY FORMS AND PROOF OF PAYMENT MUST BE SENT TO :
Shihan Ravi Moodley
Cell: 076 113 9416
NB: CUT-OFF DATE : WEDNESDAY, 30TH MAY 2012